Menu
beergut100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gigaset phone doesn't bar calls

I have just spent a frustrating half hour on the phone to Virgin customer services trying to explain that my Gigaset call-barring phone is unable to block numbers, even though it is recommended on the Virgin Media website as being able to do just that, providing you have caller display (see section at the bottom of THIS PAGE). To rub salt in the wounds, he even tried to charge me an extra £2.25 a month to block unwanted calls!

I have done a bit of research and believe this is something to do with line voltage, which can be increased on request. So, I am sure that this will be seen by someone from Virgin Media, so I AM REQUESTING JUST THIS! I am not going to phone customer services again just to go round in circles. I am requesting, here and now that the voltage on my line is increased so that THE PHONE YOU ACTUALLY RECOMMENDED WORKS AS IT SHOULD AND BLOCKS CALLS!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gigaset phone doesn't bar calls

Hello beergut100,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Can I just confirm whether the caller display feature is working for you?

Our lines run at 42 volts which can't be increased so do you know what voltage your Gigaset handset needs to be able to function correctly?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
beergut100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gigaset phone doesn't bar calls

Hi

Yes, caller display works. I don't know what voltage my phone requires, but it works fine on my mother's BT line, but on my Virginmedia line it will not block calls as it should. I have a real problem with nuisance calls and TPS doesn't work. It is a Gigaset C620a.

I really need this function to work, now, as these constant nuisance calls are getting quite distressing.

0 Kudos