Menu
Abrahs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gigaset C620A Cordless Phone - Connection problem

Hi

We bought a Gigaset C620A Cordless Phone to replace our current cordless phone. However, when plugging it in to our phone line we get an error fault "Please check phone connection". We called the manufacturers helpline and following a reset obtained a replacement  set - this has the same problem.

Looking at the internet there is mention of line voltages impacting some cordless phones and wonder if this is the problem we have. The chances of 2 phones being faulty is pretty remote (especially considering the excellent reviews these ones get).

Does anyone have any answers please or had similar problems?

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gigaset C620A Cordless Phone - Connection problem

Hello Abrahs,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Do you still have your old handset to test whether that works? Any phone should work with our sockets so if it's not the handset then I would like to arrange for one of the team to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Abrahs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I sent a response to Rose's email but nothing heard - was hoping for an engineer to call tomorrow but seems that it's too late now.

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've responded to your message so that we can get an appointment booked in for you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Abrahs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In preparation for the engineers visit tomorrow I plugged the phone in again and it worked - so have cancelled the engineer. Can't understand why - I have used the same connection and leads each time previously.  I'm wondering if you did something your end that fixed this remotely?

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

You could be experiencing a intermittent fault so if this happens again I would recommend one of our technicians taking a look at it for you as there could be a fault in the cables which is causing this to happen.

I'm glad to hear it's working now however but please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos