Menu
biscuit1966
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Getting rid of phone line

I can't find any details on VM website about getting rid of my phone line but,still having broadband and tv package,If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful,thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting rid of phone line

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

talk to them but you will not save a lot of money if anything - the line rental will disappear from your bill but the new package will be repriced - will probably start a new 12 month contract

Tony
0 Kudos
biscuit1966
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tony,thinking about just having broadband with Virgin and tv package with another company.
0 Kudos
rfwilmut
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have broadband and phone, no TV, and the last time I checked it was cheaper than taking just the broadband (presumably on the basis that they hope you will make lots of chargeable calls); so check carefully before proceeding. I don't know what the situation is now, and it may be different for you, but you might end up paying more for less;

biscuit1966
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there an actual price on the website for just having broadband without a phone line or any tv package?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can build a price for just BB - but as said above you may find its costs more than BB and phone - its how packages are build and priced

Tony
0 Kudos
biscuit1966
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I found it I think.It ranges from £32.50 a month up to £50 depending on which speed and data allowance etc you need.Plus a £14.99 one off connection fee.Now to see how that compares to having it with a phone line!

0 Kudos