Menu
leannejaay
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First time using home phone line won't ring out or receive incoming

Hi I have a technical query,
with my home phone are you able to help?
Not sure I chose the right option? I have been with yourself a for a while now (broadband, TV and home) and I get a home line with my package, the mast is down in my area and the EE network isn't working so I've decided to plug my home phone in, so I can make calls(something I should have done a long time ago as I have free calls!). Any how I've plugged it into the right bit etc, made sure all of that, it's dialling then does that weird tone when I type the number I want to call; like it won't connect ? It does that 3 pitched tone noise do you know what I mean? Tried 150 also nothing. Not sure if it needs to be activated first or what?! But won't ring out or incoming either?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: First time using home phone line won't ring out or receive incoming

Hi leannejaay,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've run a diagnostic on the line and everything is showing clear at the moment. When you pick up the handset do you get a dialling tone? Do you have another handset you can test in the socket?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
leannejaay
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya! It dials yes then does that weird tone when I press call, it's the weird tone that's like 3 pitched noise if that makes sense, **bleep bleep bleep*** but with a higher pitch each bleep 3 times then nothing? U know what I mean? I'm so dopey when it comes to things like this! Lol and no I don't! It's a brand new home phone set I have I've followed all instructions to set it up which obviously I have correctly. I think an engineer might need to look at it:/
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi leannejay,

No worries!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos