Menu
ban44i27
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty phone line

I notice a lot of people are having issues with their phone lines.  I have had no phone since November 2016.  I have had to contact Virgin on each occasion.  All I am told is the cable needs pulling and the green box is full!!  Phoned again today as thinking of leaving Virgin due to lack of customer services and NO PHONE.  Today I was told its building works but still no date as to when I can have phone back on.  The only good thing is that I am not being charged for the line at the moment. However that was only after I phoned and complained.

Is there anyone out there that can suggest a way through this or if this is a local issue?

0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty phone line

Hey ban44i27,

It sounds like there has been a bit of a nightmare occuring, but I may be able to shed some light on whats happening.

It sounds like the cable became faulty in november, which is why a repull was mentioned (Reinstalling the cable from the street to the house). This takes usually between 6-8 weeks due to planning permission.

During this time, I'm assuming another customer has joined virgin, with a phone line as part of the service. It seems like the engineer, whilst working on the exchange, disconnected the line, and connected a new customer to it. This is what we call overutilisation (there is another term for it, but I'm drawing a blank). This means that there are no connections left in the exchange for you to have the phone line.

Its good that they are crediting for the phone line, and that should continue until the phone line can be reconnected.

Whilst this is ongoing, honestly, there's not an awful lot that can be done, only because upgrades to exchanges, can take a very long time.

If you have any queries, feel free to reply, and hopefully, the forum teams may have some other responses that may help.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ban44i27

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and can see that there's construction work pending, depending on permission and access. I've contacted the engineering manager in your area for more information on what's happening with this and as soon as I hear back, I'll be in touch to let you know.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ban44i27
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what has happened but since me phoning threatening to leave - which I had every intention of carrying out, and writing on this blog my phone is working for now.  I hope it remains so.  Thanks for your response anyway

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ban44i27

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm really glad to hear that the line is working as it shouldMan Happy

We'll be here if anything changes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos