Menu
Courtshort
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

False voicemail messages

I'm living on a boat, sailing around the world and currently in Guatemala.  I use my UK phone to keep in touch with aged parents.   I keep receiving (twice a day) messages to say I have voicemail but when I log on - at a cost of £2 each time - there is no message.  The automated voice tells me I have no messages. How do I stop this?  I need to keep the voicemail facility in case my parents need to call me.  They don't have email or any other means of getting in touch.   Can anyone advise? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: False voicemail messages

Hi Courtshort

Thanks for dropping by on the forums with your voicemail post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Can I just quickly check with you to find out if you also have voicemail built into your home phone?  We do not have a remote voicemail messaging system that messages the customers to advise them that we have voicemail unless you actively dial into your remote voicemail plus number to access these.

If you could explain what you mean when you say you receive messages to advise and how these are being sent to you that would be great. My apologies if I have completely missed the boat with this one (pun intendedSmiley Happy)

I'd love to help if you don't mind offering a little more information.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Courtshort
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen lovely to hear from you.  A better explanation follows! 

I have a mobile telephone - very old Nokia - I have a UK package that allows me to call and send texts from anywhere in the world and to receive texts and calls.   I am currently in Guatemala.   Whenever I change country Virgin send a text with the new costs of text and calls.   This time, every 6 hours, I get a text to tell me I have a new voice message.   I have logged on 3 times to check the messages to find there is nothing.   (An expensive exercise!!!)   When anyone calls my phone and I don't answer they should go through to voice message and hear me saying that I am abroad please send an email.       My worry with this problem of false voice message alerts is that one Day it won't be false, it will be to tell me my Dad is in hospital or died - and at 87 that is distinct possibility!   Can you help.   As Internet is a problem on the boat I am giving you my mobile number to see if you can solve the issue remotely for me. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Courtshort

Thanks for the reply and appreciate the more detailed explanation Smiley Happy

Given what you have said this sounds like an issue with the mobile service rather than the landline service. I'm going to flag this to one of my team with a mobile tech background and we'll try and figure out the best resolution between us for you.

I'll be back soon. Also I have asked the mods to remove your number from your post (don't worry we can still see it) so that Joe public cannot see this to protect your privacy.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Courtshort

I hope I help shed some light on what is going on!

When you say you have "logged on" to check for messages, talk me through the process you go through (for example, what numbers do you dial, do you have to enter a PIN etc).

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Courtshort
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok Trxt message comes in to say I have a message and I follow the prompt and dial in.  I'm asked for my PIN and then I am told there are no messages.   That's it!  The number that comes up for me to dial is 7953 and loads of 2s ... not counting how many as I think I have just made two very expensive calls to U.K.!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Courtshort, 

I am sorry to see that you’re having an issue with your voicemail, this sounds like a very frustration situation for you!

I am going to have a look into this for you on Liam’s behalf as he is out of the office at the moment. 

Shortly I will send you a private message so that I can get some account information, to pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page.

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos