Menu
rcsevans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Failure to take ownership and fix my landline problem

We are now 10 days into being without a landline.  The engineer who came to our house checked everything and said the problem is in the street and the network box, which needs re-cabling and upgrading. He said he would raise a Network work ticket but we have since ascertained that he did not do that.

We have now had conversations with over 5 different VM agents since then – and are getting nowhere. Every time we start afresh and have to relay the whole saga again. We are so upset, and frustrated…. and we don’t have any landline which we really need.

We have absolutely no faith that anyone is actually dealing with this problem. Every agent we speak to just sends e mails to the Network people (that go into the ether and never get answered) and tells that what the previous agent did was wrong (!)   -so  there is no progress.

HOW AN WE CONTACT DIRECTLY SOMEONE IN NETWORK WHO CAN TAKE OWNERSHP OF THIS PROBLEM AND GET THE LINE REPAIRED?

Richard in Bromley, Kent

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failure to take ownership and fix my landline problem

Hi there Richard,

I'm very sorry to hear about all of this.

I've located your account and can see that you've spoken with the team today in regards to this.

It appears the agent has escalated this over to the area field manager for further investigation and they have noted that they will get back to you as soon as a response is received.

I hope this gets sorted for you soon!

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
rcsevans
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

But Nat.... several more hours have gone by - not it is past 5pm - and still nobody has called us to let us know what might happen.

We are simply fed up of being told day after day that "someone will call you back" and nobody ever does.   These requests to area managers just go into the ether and nobody replies, calls us or does anything.

I need to hear back from a manager who CAN do something.   At this rate, nothing will ever get done - everyone passes the buck.

Can you ask an empowered manager to call me (removed ), someone who can order Network to come and fix the identified problem.  We know where the problem is, but nobody is doing anything about it except sending off e-mails to people elsewhere in VM , who may or may not be the right people and certainly do not bother to respond.   We need someone senior to 'own' this issue and see it through to resolution.

Richard

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me about this Richard,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not received further contact from the team.

It's out of hours for certain areas of the business now, but I'm back in the office again tomorrow morning at 8AM and I'll make sure to raise this with the relevant team for you as a priority.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
rcsevans
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

STILL A COMPLETE FAILURE to take ownership and fix my landline problem

So another day of inaction!   Still nothing happening and still no call or feedback from anyone on our long-standing problem.

Is there anyone really working for Network in VM?  Or are you letting your landline network crumble completely.

What do we have to do to find someone in Network who can take ownership and deal with our dead landline problem and get eh engineers to to fix it!

We are in total despair

Richard

rcsevans
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is ther anybody working in Virgin Media today (to take ownership and fix my landline problem)?

Top Nat ort anyo of the other 11 people we havbe spoek to so far in the past 11 days - al lfo whoom pass the nbuck and seem to do nothing to get our problems addressed.

Virgin Media is BEIGN ABSOUTLEY AWEFUL AND HOPELESS.   There does not seem to be a working human being in the company who does anything except answer phone calls and send e mails.  WHO ACTUALLY RUNS AND OPERATES THE TELEPHONE LINES?    We need someone who actually understand how the business works and how employees can be instructed to get out of their chairs and get into the streets to fix problems.

Can anyone tell me the phone number of anyone in Virgin Media who can actually DO SOMETHING except send e mails?

Richard (removed)

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: STILL A COMPLETE FAILURE to take ownership and fix my landline problem

Hi Richard,

I am very sorry about all of this.

The team have been contacted regarding this and I am currently awaiting a response from them.

I've escalated this over separately to both the area field manager and senior network engineer.

I'll be sure to update the thread as soon as I hear anything more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
rcsevans
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

But Nat - clearly you have also sent to non-responsive people.  This is a now a SERIOUS issue and nobody is replying to you or me, so absolutely nothing is being done.

I feel totally at a loss.

Can you please phone to some other people in VM that you know, and speak to (by voice, nor email) a real management person who can actually do something, and then pass on my number and ask them to call me. 

Everything else is just providing to be pointless as no area managers or Network mangers are responding or doing anything,.

Can you also find me the direct number of the VM CEO as I feel I need to bring this lengthy farce and tragedy to his/her attention. If I were the CEO, I'd like to know that I have a management structure that is proving to be so inept and totally unresponsive.

Richard

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about the delay with this Richard.

I'll certainly try my best to get someone to sort this out for you urgently.

I've sent you a private message so that we can confirm the best contact number for you.

I do not have a direct contact number for CEO unfortunately, but this has been escalated to the right people to get the job done for you.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
RichardWoking
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nat - obviously this has NOT been escalated to the right people. Otherwise, it would have been sorted by now. 

Rather than having people like you playing for time and so called SuperUsers desperately trying to show how clever they are, Virgin Media needs to have people here who actually make things happen.

0 Kudos