Menu
marknesbitt
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Failed porting

Finally moved to Virgin after 14 years at BT - and gutted to find our number didn't port with us. No notification from Virgin - we only found out when callers got an unobtainable number. Overlap of at least 6 weeks with BT phone so no excuse. Virgin Media phone support unable to help ('notes say there was a problem with porting, we don't know anything more') and wouldn't even tell us the new number. Unbelievable.

What can we do to get our number back?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed porting

Chances are you can't.

A lot of people make the mistake of cancelling their contract with their old provider before the number is ported. Even if the port is supposed to take place during the notice period, the port will be blocked by this action. The entire process (as in the switching advice given by OFCOM) must be carried out by the new provider, including the cancelling of the landline account.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed porting

HI Marknesbitt

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at the porting request and can see you spoke to a member of our team last night. The port was denied from our end and it's unlikely that we're able to get your number back unfortunately. I'd recommend giving our faults team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so they can take a look at why the request failed in more detail.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos