Menu
Annierookie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

External Virgin cable

I want to put up a concrete fence on the front boundary of our semi-detached property and I will need to sink concrete posts, one of which will need to be fixed to the house and sunk to a 2 foot depth and concreted in.    Unfortunately Virgin have laid a green cable on the ground of my property which in itself should not be a problem as I could simply move it aside as it is laying on the ground, however, it also runs across to my neighbour's property.   How do I solve this problem.  Surely Virgin should run a separate cable to each property.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Virgin cable

Hi there Annierookie, 

Thank you for making this post, and you are correct, each property should have it's own cable, and to be honest with you, the fact that your cable is running above the ground is of concern too.

I can see in another thread you mentioned that you cut one of the cables by accident recently, but you've managed to patch things up. Which if the cable was buried correctly, you would not have had this issue. 

I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and take a look at the cabling, as ideally we would need to replace the cable after it's been broken. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: External Virgin cable

Hi there Annierookie, 

Just thought I'd check with you to see if you've been able to read my private message with the offer of a technician. 

If this is something you'd like me to arrange, please let me know. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos