Menu
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Exposed cabinet box still not fixed- I wonder if they will fix it if I stop paying my bill?

Despite my two calls to your overseas call centre, despite my two calls to VM cables telling them where the cabinet is (they even texted me two reference numbers). I took photos of the box today and low and behold the most prominent wire/cable hanging out and exposed is the cable for my house. i am still continuing to get rapid succession phone calls at all hours of the day and night. No one is doing anything about it. I first telephoned the cable box repair team well before Xmas. all I got was a texted reference number. I asked for advice here and was given another number to phone and it turns out it was the same company and so I was texted another reference number. 

My service is being affected by this broken box and its exposed wires/cables and I do not see why I am left with only two choices - plug my phone out (whilst still continuing to pay virgin media!) or keep it plugged in and expect rapid succession calls because of this faulty/broken cabinet.  It is not fair that I should be spending my Xmas time (and before!) trying to get someone from Virgin to sort this out.

Helpful Answers
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Exposed cabinet box still not fixed- I wonder if they will fix it if I stop paying my bill?

I am going to post photos with the hope that someone will do something. I have had to plug my home phone out as it keeps ringing...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Exposed cabinet box still not fixed- I wonder if they will fix it if I stop paying my bill?

Hi there mountainwiccan,

I am very sorry to hear about the issue experienced and for the delay in getting this sorted.

I can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged to resolve the fault experienced. The technician will check the cabinet prior to your visit and look to get this sorted for you.

Let me know if I can help with anything more.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mountainwiccan,

I am sincerely sorry to hear all of this.

In no way did I intend for my post to be misleading.

I will try my best and get this escalated over to an area field manager.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat some more about this.

Many thanks and apologies once more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can totally understand this mountainwiccan,

I have proceeded to contact the head of department to investigate further.

I've highlighted the importance of getting this resolved for you ASAP and included the images attached in your post.

I will get back to you as soon as I hear anything.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
SDraper86
Tuning in
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Let's hope they don't cross your phone line when they fix the cabinet. That's what's happened to me - our cabinet was driven into and wrecked and I only know what's happening because I've seen vans there all week. The call centre has no idea on what happens on the streets. Keep on phoning them is my suggestion!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Really sorry to hear that the fault is persisting mountainwiccan,

I have forwarded this information on to the area field manager and they will arrange for someone to come out ASAP to resolve this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos

All Replies
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am going to post photos with the hope that someone will do something. I have had to plug my home phone out as it keeps ringing...

0 Kudos
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Optimizedreal-20161227_150200.jpg

mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

aaptimized-20161227_150223real.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there mountainwiccan,

I am very sorry to hear about the issue experienced and for the delay in getting this sorted.

I can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged to resolve the fault experienced. The technician will check the cabinet prior to your visit and look to get this sorted for you.

Let me know if I can help with anything more.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Please stop it. Just stop it. An engineer has been booked to come out on the 5th January (from what I have been told by your customer services lione this afternoon!) - you failed to mention that. You make it seem as if they are coming out within 24 to 48 hours when they are not!

That will mean that from the 22nd December to 5th January I will have had to endure continuous calls to my landline - day and night - never ending, unyielding, simply because you will not get someone out sooner to repair the cabinet and put a door on it. I have submitted a complaint to the Ombudsman with the hope that they will look at my complaint earlier.  Your company simply do not care and I understand now why I am hitting my head against a wall. I looked at your reviews on Trustpilot and the review Centre and they are uniformly horrific. My landline is again plugged out as I cannot stand another day of the piercing continuous rapid ringing - which i have also recorded on my mobile phone. I have also submitted a request to the Guardian and BBC consumer sites for help and dealing with your company is an exercise in futility.  I will give your company a further two days to fix the cabinet, then I will look to changing providers. I need access to my landline and I do not see why I should have to pay for a service I am not getting. I also do not see why I should have to keep submitting complaints. I'd rather pay more money with another company and get a better service.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mountainwiccan,

I am sincerely sorry to hear all of this.

In no way did I intend for my post to be misleading.

I will try my best and get this escalated over to an area field manager.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat some more about this.

Many thanks and apologies once more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I know you are trying to help but I cannot tolerate the phone ringing me all days of the day and night and expecting me to wait until the 5th January is unacceptable. I no longer care when you fix it. I am searching for another provider for my landline, broadband, tv and mobile tomorrow. I played the phone ring to one of your customer services operators today (as I had recorded it on my mobile phone) and they did not want to listen to 10 seconds of it... but I have to listen to what will amount to two weeks of it. This has been an awful experience. The worst of any provider of any of the services I have. Virgin have won. I give up. I am not going to ask them to fix it anymore. I am going to look for a provider tomorrow. Maybe when one of the small children who are constantly playing by the cable box is electrocuted, you might take responsibility for it then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can totally understand this mountainwiccan,

I have proceeded to contact the head of department to investigate further.

I've highlighted the importance of getting this resolved for you ASAP and included the images attached in your post.

I will get back to you as soon as I hear anything.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
mountainwiccan
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for finally resolving this Nat_J

You are the ONLY person from VM who helped me.

0 Kudos