Menu
Pablo68
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Even BT could do better than this...

My cable braodband and phone service was activated on 1st as planned, but phone line was dead and VM not able to get an engineer out until the 11th

Is this typical of VM? If so, I will probably cancel within my 'cooling off' period and go with a company which can repair its faulty kit within a reasonable timescale.

I chose VM for my new home because I thought the service would be good, but it seem no different to how it was under NTL. Customer services have failed to keep me informed and don’t appear to be talking to each other. Even your ‘Service Status’ link in the email below incorrectly states ‘No known issues’!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Even BT could do better than this...

Service status will show any faults with VM's network equipment that is affecting one or more entire postcode areas. If the fault is on your individual line, it won't show up. Delays are normally due to cable re-pulls being required, which are done by contract teams & not by individual engineers.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Even BT could do better than this...

Hi Pablo68

Welcome to the Community! I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone installation at the moment. 

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at what's causing the delay, if you'd like me to take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos