Menu
stevedjswitch
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer no-show?

Anyone got any advice if a Virgin engineer simply does not show up for the appointment?

I'm fed up with having to try to wrangle with the impenetrable customer services automated choice telephone service (which makes you step through a telephone line automated check every time), and the web chat service is always busy.

Is there another avenue I can pursue? It was over a week ago, and tbh I expected Virgin to contact me to explain why their engineer didn't show up, and to rearrange. I't's really difficult to find an hour during the week to dedicate to trying to connect Customer Services in vain.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer no-show?

HI Stvedjswitch

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your service recently.

I've located your account but I'm not seeing a recent failed appointment, when was the engineer booked for? 

If your still experiencing no dial tone, let me know and I'll arrange for another member of the team to come and take a look as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stevedjswitch
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

The engineer appointment was booked for Friday 24th.

I'm still unable to make any calls, and no dial-tone.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MiraV
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevedjswitch,

If you find a way, could you please post this?

We have taken 2 days off now with no engineer turning up. Like you, on contacting Virgin, they have "no reference in the system that an appointment was booked".

I got upset, so they promised to come out the same day. Needless to say that this was just to get me off the phone. Nobody turned up.

Like you, it get increasingly hard to make time to meet an engineer, so I asked for a Saturday appointment as advertised. They told me that there are no Saturday appointments and if they would do them, they would be fully booked???

Anyway, this seems standard Virgin operating procedures, so if you find a way through the jungle, sharing is appreciated.

Good luck with your connections!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear this stevedjswitch,

I can certainly arrange for another engineer to attend.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've also experienced some bother MiraV,

I can see that the team have already discussed this with you.

Please let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos