Menu
jonr667
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer failed to attend

Fault on tel line, engineer booked and 2 texts to say will attend Saturday 31st dec between 12 & 4. 530pm I ring the call centre she checks details and says yes engineer should have been there between those hours I'll check where he is. Shirt time later I'm told no engineer was booked!!!!!! Despite what she said earlier?! Then after some chat she says someone has booked it through another account, what other account do I have? And even if that was the case where is the engineer from that account? Apparently it's being sent to her supervisor to progress but I'm not holding my breath, I have clearly not been told the truth and feel fobbed off and wasted a whole afternoon. Please help, rant over but very annoyed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer failed to attend

Hi jonr667

I'm so sorry to learn about the engineer not showing up, it's really not something we want any of our customers to experience so massive apologies from me.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and can see you've spoken to the team about escalating this situation, which is great news. Are you still experiencing the issue with your telephone line though? If so, I'd love to arrange for someone to come and take a close look soon, so just let me know if you canMan Happy.

Apologies again for the less than acceptable service you've received, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonr667
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Craig, I'm not getting far I'm afraid! The first person I spoke to on the 31st also told me someone would contact me on the 1st, they didn't but I rang them in the Indian call centre and spoke to a man who said that all depts other than theirs were closed on a bank holiday, I did question that with the first female I spoke to who promised they were fully open. The male I spoke to again said no engineer was ever booked, however I do have two text messages confirming attendance on the 31st so you can imagine how annoying this is, the Issue remains Craig, that is when I have two devices (phone and sky box) both plugged into the telephone socket via a splitter neither work, when I plug either directly into the socket both work independently, to me it suggests not enough power from the socket to allow them to work together, I have replaced the splitter so am happy it isn't that. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonr667

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, have you been able to try an alternate ADSL filter? If you're using one to plug the box and phone directly into the line.

I've tested the line and the power levels are looking good, if you've been able to try another filter I'll just arrange for an engineer though as we really want to ensure this is getting resolved as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonr667
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CraIt, I have tried another filter and also without a filter, like I say the telephone works ok on its own or with a splitter but as soon as you connect another line in my case the sky telephone line the telephone says check line 

cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the fast response jonr667

Was the set up this way before it stopped working?

If so, I'd like to arrange an appointment, as we'd like to ensure this issue is getting resolved as soon as possible, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos