Menu
Snootyooty
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer called and fixed phone but upstairs phone not working

I had the engineer out this morning to fix our phone as it was dead. He said he switched it from Orange to blue or blue to orange and it works. I just went upstairs to use my phone upstairs and it is totally dead.

So does this mean I am going to have to get another appointment to sort that phone out?

Sharon

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer called and fixed phone but upstairs phone not working

Hi there Sharon, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your extension socket has not worked since the technician called out the other day. 

I've taken a look at the fault report from the last issue, and this suggests that the technician swapped over the external cables to get the phone line working - as you've said. This should not have cause an internal issue. 

Upon investigating I can see that you already have another technician booked, please let me know how this goes for you. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Was your extension orignally put in by Virgin?

Virgins responsibility (likewise with BT) ends at the master socket. If you can prove that Virgin installed the extension you may get a free callout, but otherwise you are looking at a £100 charge to fix it.

Most people choose to DIY extensions, as its a fairly simple job. As long as the correct cables are linked in the master box, the extension should work.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Snootyooty
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

The extension was put in for us by Virgin.

It was redone for us back in July. It was working fine until my problems this week.

Regards, Sharon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Sharon, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your extension socket has not worked since the technician called out the other day. 

I've taken a look at the fault report from the last issue, and this suggests that the technician swapped over the external cables to get the phone line working - as you've said. This should not have cause an internal issue. 

Upon investigating I can see that you already have another technician booked, please let me know how this goes for you. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Snootyooty
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw,

Thank you for your message. The Virgin technician called and was very helpful and got my upstairs phone working again.

He checked everything before he left.

Many Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharon,

Many thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm really pleased to hear it's all working again for you. Sorry about the fault once again.

If you ever need us again just post again.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos