Menu
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Downloaded the SmartCall Ap - entered my home phone no. (with great difficulty)

Downloaded the SmartCall Ap - entered my home phone no. (with great difficulty) (should that be with or without a space?) - now it won't allow me into the next box to enter my setup code. What's going on here?

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downloaded the SmartCall Ap - entered my home phone no. (with great difficulty)

Hi JimboX,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues setting up Smartcall on your phone. I want to get this sorted for you. Can you let me know what phone you're using and also provide a screenshot of the page you're stuck on?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downloaded the SmartCall Ap - entered my home phone no. (with great difficulty)

Hi Mat, I have a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 phone and I'm attaching a shot of the screen you requested. To date immediately after inserting the no. I get a message "Sorry, but we didn't recognise those details. Please try again." I've tried inserting other real phone nos. but with the same response. Any help would be great.DSCF0846 copy.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a virgin home phone? you need one for the app to work

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannylau, Thanks for the interest. Yes I do have a Virgin home phone.
Regards
JimboX
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending that over to me JimboX Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're getting the error message when you're trying to add this on. I feel this is an issue with the Smartcall service rather than the phone.

I've moved your post to the Landline board so our team can run some checks on our side for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat, Nothing so far but I'll keep checking on the Landline Board periodically. Cheers, JimboX

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there JimboX

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues getting the Smart Call service registered. 

I've checked things out from this end and can not see any issues, that would stop you from popping the app on your phone. 

I'd need to ask if you've logged into http://www.virginmedia.com with the primary email address in order to add the device on your account?

If not, could you please try this, then attempt to input your details again. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H. Finally solved the SmartCall problem - just downloaded it again and it worked this time. Many thanks. JimboX
0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannylau. Finally solved the SmartCall problem - just downloaded it again and it worked this time. Many thanks. JimboX
0 Kudos