Menu
keithA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected landline service

My phone line has been unavailable for 2 days. There is no outgoing service. When I dial the landline from my mobile there is a ringing tone however a female called Linda Smith answered stating that Virginmedia were in the process of porting over her old number to her new account. There is no link between myself and Mrs smith. Please reinstate my telephone number and service asap.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected landline service

Worryingly easily done during an install. They have connected your line to the wrong block in the green cabinet. You need to get an engineer out to correct it. They should have checked the number when they installed the other lady's phone.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
keithA1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi keithA1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your landline. It's great to see that wonkotsane has been able to give you advice about this.

I've checked this for you and can see that you have arranged an engineer appointment already. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos