Menu
GerryOB
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disabled and need my phone line to be working

For a few weeks now, I've had a lot of crackling on my phone line.  Also, whenever the phone rang, it would ring, then when answered, would still keep ringing, both on the line and in the room.  The line ended up with whoever was calling trying to talk, the crackling drowning them out and the sound of the ringing on top.  I thought it was my home phone system, although it's not that old.  When we finally couldn't get a dial tone, I tried a totally different handset in the main socket (no additional sockets connected in other words).  Still dead.  The phone sometimes rings, but we can't answer it as all we can hear is crackling.  To anyone calling in, it just sounds like it is ringing but not being answered.

I'm disabled and really need my phone, as sometimes I need to call for help.  I've done the phone checker, but it doesn't show anything up, and none of the other phones work, so I am guessing that it's not just ours that may be an issue.

Could you please check my line at your end and let me know the outcome please?

Many thanks and kind regards

Gerry OB.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disabled and need my phone line to be working

Hi GerryOB

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end.

We're not detecting any issues at the moment, although as you've been able to test your handset and we'd really like to ensure this i working as soon as possible I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GerryOB
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disabled and need my phone line to be working

Hi Craig,

Many thanks for your swift response.  I've sent you a private message. 

Gerry

0 Kudos