Menu
Taylor26
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Difficulty with phone

We have joined Virgin today and just had our equipment installed.

We now find we cannot use the phone as we receive a contininuos engaged signal.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Difficulty with phone

Hi Taylor26

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line recently.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that action has been planned for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, which is excellent news.

I'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Taylor26
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thank you for your message.

We did receive a visit from an engineer called Chris (id S1837702) quite early on Weds morning and he sorted out the phone problem for us. Apparently the phone works okay if plugged in where the Virgin cable enters the house, but strangely not with the socket we have used for years which is at the opposite end of our through lounge. He also gave us an excellent briefing on the use of the top box. On Friday we found that our HP Photosmart 6510 printer no longer works from our pc, I think because the network name was TalkTalk, which has now been cancelled. Can I ask for help in reprogramming it to register Virgin with it? I am 90 years of age and not so computer literate as I would like to be!

Sincerely  George Taylor.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi George,

Thanks for the update!

Glad to hear the technician was helpful.

As for the printer issue, I've found this really handy guide for connecting a HP Photosmart 6510 printer. Just select your operating system and follow the on screen instructions.

If you get stuck or you need anything else, just give me a shout!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos