Menu
Mulldog
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Diddled a month on the line rental saver

Me and the wife feel somewhat aggrieved at Virgin Media. We have been loyal customers all the way back to the C&W days too.

Anyway, it used to be the case that each year a letter would come along about the line rental saver. We were keen on this because we are both retired and every penny counts. The other day we realised that there had been no letter this year. I phoned up to pay the one year up front and presumed we were all straight.

Checking the online bill tonight it shows we were one month late with the saver and we have been billed a full months rental next month. I calculate we've lost one month's discount but it's not very loyal is it?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Diddled a month on the line rental saver

You will still get a full 12 months out of it. The problem is that LRS is treated as a separate purchase, & not added to your Direct Debit. If you sign up before the current LRS expires, the system sees you already have an LRS in force, & instead of waiting until it does run out it just deducts the payment from your normal bill. I had this problem a few months ago, & had to phone up to get LRS renewed after it had run out. I refused to hand over my card details again, as I had already done this on the automated system the first time round. After a number of apologies, the LRS was not only applied, but also credited back, so I effectively have free line rental for a year.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Mulldog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What would you recommend? Will i get any response here from VM staff?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its possible Forum Staff will respond. But as I say, even if you contacted Virgin on the day your LRS runs out, the way the billing system currently works you would still end up with a gap of up to a month where you would be charged for normal Line Rental, even if some of it is credited back the following month.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile