Menu
MarkAll1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dial tone - can't make or receive calls

I recently came to Virgin for my phone and broadband from Plusnet. Install happened last Tuesday. I asked Plusnet to keep their phone service going until Friday in car there were any issues with installation. They advised me to do this.

Since the Plusnet was turned off I've been unable to make/recieve calls on my landline. Calling out it says 'the number you have dialled has not been recognised, please hang up and try again'. Calling in it simply won't connect. I get a dial tone on the phone.

Tried contacting Virgin live chat who report the phone number on their file is different to the original one I had with plus net. He though a number port might solve the problem. Though was later advised by a different representative that number ports from Plusnet isn't possible.

My phone line is connected into a BT OpenReach box. Though the installer presumably knew I was bringing my phone and broadband to Virgin so not sure if that's something I need to be concerned about.

Would welcome any suggestions about what's happened here. Livechat just keep passing me between departments and suggest its the other ones issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dial tone - can't make or receive calls

Hello MarkAll1,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with your phone line and a warm welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and perform a line check and everything looks okay.

Did the engineer install a Virgin socket in the property or do you have any other sockets in the house to try?

If you've already tried this then I would like to send one of our team out to get this fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

MarkAll1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your response. The BT Open reach is the only telephone socket in the house. Its the master socket. Only other sockets appears to be 1) a box with a female connection for an ADSL cable (no telephone in) and 2) the virgin 'dome shaped' one which our TV and broadband is plugged into. The telephone wouldn't connect into either of these would it? The ADSL box appears to be unbranded.

Can't understand why the engineer left the set up I have...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello MarkAll1,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. Okay so what I think would be best here is if I send one of our team to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos