Menu
KGarden
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Dial Tone sporadic, incoming calls seemingly unaffected.

For the past week or so, my land line has randomly dropped dial tone for a few hours (phone handset reports this as a line cord error), though has still received incoming calls. The most recent outage as of Monday morning appears to have persisted for almost 24 hours now. The handsets have been tested and are working perfectly and using another phone does not rectify the issue.
Service status doesn't show any issues in the EH11 area (but this has been far from reliable in the past) and running a test either hits 100% and reports inconclusive or hits 5% and immediately says there's no fault detected.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dial Tone sporadic, incoming calls seemingly unaffected.

Hi KGarden,

Welcome to the community.

I have checked your line and I'm unable to find any problems in the area or any issues with the line.

If you have no dial tone then I'll need to arrange for an engineer to take a closer look so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos