Menu
Vermy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dead phone line - recurring problem in Stanmore area

Hello there,

My phone line is dead again ("check phone line" displayed on handset panel).

I may only guess it's the same problem as several times before. There is corrupted main cable somewhere around that fries tributary cables from time to time or at least this is explanation I heard from engineers visiting previously.

I'm not frequent phone user and it's probably dead for good several weeks without me realising this is the case. I indeed am getting tired of writing the same messages every several months.

I wonder how sending engineers to patch rather than finally do something at heart of it and solve it for good works out.

Anyway, please PM me to discuss further book another appointment. 

Regards,

Vermy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead phone line - recurring problem in Stanmore area

Hi there Vermy, 

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened again for you, I've sent you a PM in order to get things arranged. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Vermy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello guys,

Bad news I am afraid.

I keep receiving ghost calls for last several weeks.

Phone rings once, sometimes try ringing for 2nd time and then goes silent. Ringing seems to be "disturbed" or "weak" for lack of better words.

It happened before and I was told earlier by engineer that my phone line activates anytime someone calls Virgin landline number in my vicinity.

This is not urgent and if there needs to be engineer booked, then Friday, August 5th works well for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vermy,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your landline again. 

I've checking into this and looks like we need to get another engineer out to you. I'll send you a pm with more details about this.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos