Menu
Exops91
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dead line unsure if engineer is needed or not

Just questioning it as I installed the self install package but had my phone line plugged in when I activated it when the signal was sent so could that of messed up anything if not could there be a issue with my landline as I've tried 2 phones one wired one not and both have no dial tone I have took off the faceplate to where it's plugged in and on the plastic on the inside not in the front it says BT so would that affect it and would that require me to need a engineer to come out

Sorry it's long winded new to all this stuff as recently moved into my own house with my parter and two daughters
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead line unsure if engineer is needed or not

VM and BT are not on the same system so assuming the phone point you have is what it appears to be it will not work with VM

you need to look for another phone socket if one was ever fitted with the previous install - start where the VM cable comes into the huose - there should be a coax cable which is for BB and TV and a seperate smaller phone cable - follow that to the phone point [if it exists]

if you cannot find a cable internally look in the area of the external box - thats wired through the wall to the internal boxes - again a coax and a phone cable

if all else fails then you need a tech to do the connection and add an internal box

Tony
0 Kudos
Exops91
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey tony there is a wire from the brown box outside that leads to the socket inside for the phone it's a unmarked one without VM on it as my dad's is the same at his house but when I pulled the lower part off the inside plastic has the letters BT Molded on it but nothing on the outside stating it's a bit box
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Exops91,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear that your telephone line isn't working at the moment.

I have located your account and I can see that the number is active so I would like to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further instructions.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos