Menu
bec_m67
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dead landline

Hi, the landline is completely dead. It's not the handsets, there's 4 of them and they're virtually brand new. We've spent 3 days trying to organise an engineer visit with no luck from any of the extremely unhelpful staff at the call centre, who half the time cut off calls before even answering them or cut you off when they promise to transfer you to another department. We pay over £100 a month for our package, this is not good enough. A Virgin engineer was working outside the house the other day, the phone hasn't worked since. I have 3 small kids, and need to be contactable by school/nursery at all times. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead landline

Hi bec_m67

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you, I can see that you've arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look, which is excellent news.

I'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bec_m67
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Aye, 9 days after a Virgin engineer broke the line in the first place! The only thing they said was take it or leave it, and we wouldn't have to pay for the 9 days we didn't use it. Considering changing suppliers to be honest, this is shocking.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bec_m67,

I'm sorry to hear that your landline has stopped working and that the first available appointment is nine days after the fault began.

I understand that your fault began after you saw a Virgin engineer working in your street and we will check your engineer report to see if your fault was caused by that engineer, or if there is a completely different cause of this issue.

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos