Menu
yus786
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Crossed line / can hear other people on phone

Hi

Ported our number from BT to Virgin today.

On a call just now and can hear someone else speaking (2 people i dont know)

And they can hear us to, cause they told us

What to do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crossed line / can hear other people on phone

Hello yus786,

Welcome to the community.

This sounds like a crossed line but can I just check whether your phone is plugged into the Virgin Media socket please? Also are you able to recieve calls?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
yus786
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, its in the virgin socket. NO we NOT able to receive calls either and today we are getting missed calls. Like the phone rings for a second but there's no one there. Its been happening all morning

Can you help?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you dial 174 an automated voice should tell what line number your phone is on ... is it your number or someone else's?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello yus786,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've made a few tests and the number seems to have ported over correctly and is active. From what you're describing with it ringing once and cutting off it sounds like a possible ring trip so we would need to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
yus786
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I dialed 174 and hung up. Got an automated call/message and it said our number. I heard it twice just in case

So, what now?

Should i call 150? Not had an joy with them in the past (for other issues) hence asking here Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yus786 wrote:

I dialed 174 and hung up. Got an automated call/message and it said our number. I heard it twice just in case

So, what now?

Should i call 150? Not had an joy with them in the past (for other issues) hence asking here Smiley Sad

Yes I think a call is needed but you don't want to be dealing with the useless offshore call centre, speak to the UK based Retentions department instead, they are able to deal with much more than just retentions.   During normal office hours call 150 and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5   to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  Hope you get a good result.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
yus786
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello yus786,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've made a few tests and the number seems to have ported over correctly and is active. From what you're describing with it ringing once and cutting off it sounds like a possible ring trip so we would need to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

I've replied to your message. Please advise if you will organise the visit or should i call 150?

0 Kudos
yus786
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello yus786,

Talk to you soon

I've replied to your message. Please advise if you will organise the visit or should i call 150?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello yus786,

Just to let you know I have replied to your private message Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos