Menu
Ryanbedford44
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Crossed line - No connection

Called Virgin after several premium call numbers appeared on phone bill. I don't have a phone plugged in and have never had a phone plugged in. Engineer came yesterday, was curt, said none of the connections in my house were live but I should wait a week for his report then call again. 

Not impressed - short of being called a liar by everyone at Virgin that I spoke to about the calls it now seems I am correct yet I have to wait and call again to probably wait for a refund on the call charges. Shocking customer service. Is this what is supposed to happen? Can anyone on the forum advise of similar situation and how it should have been handled? I also asked for all calls to be barred from my number as I was not using it and they said I needed a handset to complete the process I don't have one but pretty sure I will be billed for the call barring - which I was doing to stop myself from paying further fraudulent call bills. Can anyone advise? 

0 Kudos
Ryanbedford44
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crossed line - No connection

On further reflection if there is no working connection in my house - although I haven't been using it - why am i even paying for it? This is becuase they didnt send a set-up engineer out and 'talked' me though it on the phone. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about all of this Ryanbedford44,

I can see from the note left by the engineer that they have confirmed it was not possible for you to make these calls.

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss this further.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ryanbedford44
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi There, 

I've just cancelled my Virgin contract as this matter was never completed. I was left without a working phone line despite being charged for line rental and the weekend call plan part refund (when I complained) but still charged to date. I was also charged for call barring during this period which doesn't show on my bill but I was informed I was paying this by the retention team. I ordered call barring to stop the fraudulent calls that being made using my line (that doesn't work?)Can you explain why after finding out I had no working phone connection this wasn't cancelled? but you continue to charge me for call barring for a non working phone line? 

My contract finishes on 13th September. 

Please can you respond. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryanbedford44

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving although completely respect your decision to do so.

The call features should have been de-activated when the line was, so I'm very sorry about that mistake. 

We'll be here if there's anything else we can assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ryanbedford44
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Criag, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Could you pls refund the cost of the call barring that should have been disconnected as you've accepted responsibility for this mistake. This is the reason I'm leaving Virgin poor service and over billing the whole way through. I've never had a working phone line, yet paid for calls and line rental (part refunded) but I'm really frustrated I've been paying for call barring (put on by me to stop the fraudulent calls) all this time. It's not itemised on my bill and feels very much like a hidden charge that should have been cancelled when you discovered my line doesnt work. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryanbedford44

We don;t expect you to pay for a service you've not been able to use so I'll be happy to take a look at that to ensure it's the case.

I'll need to request some additional information from you to be able to do that, I've sent you a private message requesting that information, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos