Menu
groovebox
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Crossed Line - whose fault?

Hi,

I've got a crossed line.

An "engineer" is booked for next Thursday (25-FEB-2016) because they want to come and visit me. Why?? Surely the problem isn't at my house and isn't my fault. At a guess the problem lies at an exchange or a road-side cabinet doesn't it?

Why can't an "engineer" deal with this sooner and without a (pointless) visit to me? Thanks to caller ID I can even say which number its swapped with. How much more information do you need??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crossed Line - whose fault?

Hi there groovebox, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line seems to be crossed at the moment. I'm also sorry that there seems to be a delay in getting someone out on this matter. The reason why we ask for the customer to be in, is because when the technician is working on the line at the cabinet, it may not be 100% clear which wire is connected to your property, and we may need access in order to trace the line. The technician may also need to confirm with you that the fault is resolved. 

Please let us know how everything goes next week. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
groovebox
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Huw,

This issue was resolved yesterday. Without a home visit. My wife had made numerous calls over the last week in a largely unsuccessful attempt to get this fix escalated. Only 7 days to fix rather than 8. Woo. No one ever calls back. No sense of urgency, ownership or responsibility for the issue.

What should have happened was that the "engineer" who was responsible for the crossed line, (I assume these don't just spontaneously happen) should have been sent back out as soon as the issue was identified to FIX THEIR MISTAKE.

Will we get any compensation?

As a long standing customer (10+ years) who's never really required much support up to now we're pretty unimpressed with Virgin Media's customer "service".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there groovebox, 

I'm really glad to hear that things were sorted out for you, and apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

With regards to the compensation side of things, I'd have to ask you to give our customer service team a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 so they can apply a loss of service credit after passing security. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos