Menu
Warblers01
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Crackly landline

Hello,

Our landline has recently started making crackly noises again, which hasn't happened for ages. Call quality is fine, other than that. Is it down to moisture in the telecom cable box or something else...?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackly landline

Hi Warblers01

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

I can see that you've been able to give our team a call to talk to us about the issues with your broadband and that an engineer has been arranged, I'll ask the engineer to investigate the phone line while he'/she's there.

I've been able to take a look at the line from our end, we're not detecting any issues a the moment. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line?

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Warblers01
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply - we only have the one handset and it's the same in another line. It has happened before so I'm not overly worried, I just wanted to check if there were any issues in our area.

Would be great if the engineer can take a look tomorrow though - thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Warblers01

Thanks for the super fast response, I'll update the notes for the engineers ticket for them to take a look Man Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Warblers01
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff, many thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Warblers01
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to say the engineer came over on Friday afternoon, spotted a fault in the main telecoms box and it's been fixed this morning. Excellent service - please pass on our thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Warblers01,

Thank you for coming back and letting us know that it's all working for you now, I shall pass on your thanks to Craig as he is currently out of the office. 

Glad to hear it's all working for you now.

Take care. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos