Menu
Simont133
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Crackly Landline

My landline in the SS2 area is extremely crackly and we cannot hear anything when someone phones us. I've unplugged the phone and this still happens. The phone is not the issue as it's only a few months old. Please advise.
Thanks
0 Kudos
obemunster
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackly Landline

Got the same problem here, my elderly friend has this problem. I've taken my working handset over and the line is so crackly, there are crackly messages on the answerphone, I can phone the landline and it rings but it won't let me answer it, and I can't phone out from the landline. Need to get this working but she isn't well enough to be phoning up virgin to sort it, so I'm hoping someone has some ideas.

Looked up any problems on the line on the website and it says no known issues.

0 Kudos
obemunster
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh and mine is area 18.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Simont133

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you.

From running some tests on the line, we're seeing some slight issues from our end and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi obemunster

Welcome to the Community, I am very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line too.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately. So I'm able to do this, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide