Menu
RachK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Crackling on line despite new phone

The crackling on our phone line has been getting steadily worse so I changed it for a new one (old phone was a Panasonic KX-TG6621 and new is iDECT). The crackle is reduced but still not gone. However on plugging the new phone in, I noticed that one of the (3) cables coming from the phone socket was damaged. The damaged one is the one hard wired into the socket doubler. Can you suggest what this cable might be? It's not the phone (obviously) and the wifi is working fine, so I'm assuming that's not it either. It's a black cable. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Crackling on line despite new phone

Hi RachK

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

Are you plugged into the master telephone socket at the moment? I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi RachK

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

Are you plugged into the master telephone socket at the moment? I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RachK
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, the engineer has been and confirmed that the broken cable (since confirmed as a relic from the days when you had to have your Sky box plugged in to the telephone system) was the source of the crackle. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey RachK

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let me know about this.

I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos