Menu
Edmondsfamily
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cracking phone line

Hi.   Had an engineer out last week because line had been down, now we have an extremely crackly line.   What number to I call for help, can't find it anywhere on website.  Have run the online test and all appears fine.  Have also bought new phones so know it's not the old phones we had.

0 Kudos
shelby1
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cracking phone line

hi i have had this problem too (sounded like frying eggs) and also bought new phones only to find out from the engineer came out that the problem was at the main connection box where my line connection had been disturbed probably by an engineer installing a new line for someone else.  It is now happening again so will have to get virgin to send engineer out to check the box again as the same has probably occurred again if you need to call virgin just dial 150 on your landline and it will connect you to virgin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmondsfamily,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that you are still having issues with your landline after an engineer visit last week. Thanks for letting us know that you have already tested your line with new handsets.

I've been able to check your line and I can see that you have already arranged an engineer appointment. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi shelby1,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are still getting noise on your landline. 

I can arrange an engineer for you, but I'll need to take more details from you. I'll pop a private message over to you now for those details, just check the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Edmondsfamily
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. At the moment we are unable to make calls at all. It seems that the line is permanently engaged and we can't dial out. I have disconnected the phone from the main Jack but still nothing. When I do the online service check it all seems fine. I'm not impressed. We have elderly parents and teenage children who need to get in touch and in effect we have been without a landline now for over 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmondsfamily,

Apologies for the length of time this fault has been ongoing and for the inconvenience this has caused to you and your family.

I've sent you a private message with more details regarding your engineer appointment arrangements after our phone call earlier. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmondsfamily,

I'm checking back with you to make sure the engineer was able to fix the problem with your landline.

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi shelby1,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to arrange an engineer appointment, please let me know.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Edmondsfamily
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Much better. Fingers crossed.
thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edmondsfamily,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm glad to hear that your line is working better now.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care,

0 Kudos