Menu
whitman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cost to call 0330 number from Virgin landline

I searched elsewhere in this forum and found a couple of threads where it's said that calls from a Virgin landline to all 03 numbers are the same as to 01 and 02 numbers.

I have Talk Unlimited, so I was assuming this means a call to an 0330 number would be included in my plan (in other words free, up to 60 minutes). 

However, I found Virgin Media's "UK Non-Geographic Calls" document (dated 1st June 2013, the latest I could find online) that an 0330 number attracts charge band N3.

I then found "Everyday Call Charges" (dated 1st November 2016) where it says the N3 band is charged a 19p connection fee and then 10.6p per minute.

So, my question is, will I be charged for a call to an 0330 number?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost to call 0330 number from Virgin landline

As stipulated by the regulators all UK telephone providers much charge numbers starting 03 at the same rate as those starting 01 or 02.  This also applies to inclusive minutes.  As you have 'Talk Unlimited' calls to telephone numbers starting 03 would be inclusive in your package.

The latest price guide is available from:

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/011116_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf

This confirms:

Call rates to UK local and national numbers (geographic calls, numbers starting with 01, 02 or 03)
Talk Unlimited - Included in monthly fee

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
whitman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, backtothefuture, for replying: that's very helpful.

I wonder, though, if there's any significance to that word "geographic" in "geographic calls, numbers starting with 01, 02 or 03". Aren't 03 numbers non-geographic? The 0330 number I'm talking about certainly is.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, I just think that it was existing wording in the document, so the 03 number reference was added to the existing wording.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
whitman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BenMcr. Perhaps someone from Virgin could officially clarify that?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Either way they will not (and cannot) charge you for calls to numbers starting 03 if you have an inclusive call package.

See - http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/03number

and - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/how-muc...

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

whitman wrote:

Thanks BenMcr. Perhaps someone from Virgin could officially clarify that?

As per Ben's signature, he is a Virgin employee.

Also as posted above, these numbers are subject to an OFCOM ruling, so are universal to all Telco operators.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
whitman
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks all.

Nodrogd ... I did note Ben's Virgin-employee sig, but he said "I just think ..." and "all opinions posted here are my own", which is why I figured it would be worth getting official Virgin confirmation. (And if Ben is correct, Virgin need to alter their document.)

0 Kudos