Menu
charlesh1232003
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contacting Virgin with a phone fault

I have been a subscriber to Virgin and previously Telewest for many years.

Now I have a phone fault and making contact with Virgin is impossible. Obviously I cannot use the phone because the line is faulty and trying to chat on line for the last two days is impossible because I am asked to try later.

Also I made an attempt to book an engineer but received a message saying this could not be done on line and to use the phone - but it does not work!

Has anyone else had these sort of problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacting Virgin with a phone fault

Hi charlesh1232003

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing in trying to get in touch with us and for the issues when your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the phone line from our end for you, we're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CathyOatley
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem! I tried to make a call three evenings a go and thought that the problem was with my friends phone.

I have asked a couple of friends to ring me, but nothing. After the dialing tone the phone just goes dead. My husband has also tried ringing our landline from his mobile with no success either.

Yesterday afternoon however, I caught the latter end of an automated voice message which mentioned something about "service provider" and "sorry for any inconvenience". How that got through I don't know, but the phone is still not letting us have inbound/outbound calls.

I don't know if this could be the reason or not, but there have been 2 engineers working on a green phone box around the corner for about 2 weeks - Open Reach(????) 

Please help, many thanks.

0 Kudos
charlesh1232003
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Cathy,

I wish you luck.

I finally got an appointment for an engineer to call, but guess what? It is in a week's time.

In the meantime my family in Australia, United States, Holland and Scotland are unable to contact us other than by email as I do not have a mobile.

Anyone else experiencing long waits for an engineer to call?

Regards to all,

Charles

0 Kudos
CathyOatley
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Charles,

I finally managed to talk to Virgin (via mobile phone) and it would seem that our phone number has been "exported" or should I say "stolen" by another

provider (??) and without our permission. I was asked if we had looked into moving from Virgin which have have not done - Our TV, Computer line and Phone are all with Virgin!

I have been told that Virgin will try to reclaim our number but that it could take up to 9 days although they will try to rush the matter for us. Well, it is day 6 now and still no landline! *sigh*

I hope that you are finally getting your problem sorted.

Just for info, my nephew's Virgin internet is not working either now and he has been told that they will get an engineer out but that won't happen until the middle of December!!!!

Cheers,

Cathy

0 Kudos
charlesh1232003
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Cathy,

Oh dear! How does your telephone number get stolen I wonder. Do keep us informed of the outcome.

I still have 2 days to wait for the engineer to call.

Like you I also have Virgin TV and internet in a package , but if things don't get resolved by this side of Christmas I'm off to another provider.

Just as a matter of interest, do you have ultra fast broadband? I do, and until recently it has been excellent. However, over the last few days the download speed has varied between 205MBps (excellent) to 40MBps. Even 40MBps is good, but the service does not provide what it says it would.

Best wishes,

Charles

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Charlesh1232003

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service, I'd love to hear how the appointment goes later today and we'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
charlesh1232003
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Craig,

Thanks for your follow up regarding the phone fault.

The Virgin engineer arrived at 9.30am and quickly found the fault which was with corroded wires in the connection box down the road. All is now in order.

My complaint is that it took 10 days to get an engineer to my property to rectify a fault which took  40 minutes.

I hope I get some reasonable refund and contribution for the inconvenience I have been caused.

Once again, thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Charles

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charles

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm glad to hear the line is working as it should.

We don't expect you to pay for a service you've not received and I've sent you information regarding that in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon.

Craig

0 Kudos