Menu
Mandy46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Constant calls from 08004089340-Virgin Media?

Smiley Mad  Hi,i keep receiving calls from the number 08004089340 usually early morning,afternoon,and evenings which is driving me round the bend and i,ve been getting these calls for the last few weeks but no message is ever left on my answering machine ?: when i press 1471 to find out who it is it says "welcome to virginmedia". My sister answered today when i was out and asked if the Indian lady would like to pass on a message for me but she told my sister no and when she also did 1471 it was the same number?Can you tell me why i keep getting these calls and what exactly they are for? as i can really do without them especially everyday early morning ,afternoon AND evening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Laura_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant calls from 08004089340-Virgin Media?

Hi Mandy46,

Sounds like it could be a Sales call.

I'll forward this onto one of our department to look into further and try and get these calls stopped for you.

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
0 Kudos
Mandy46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laura,i just got yet another one a few minutes ago and when i answered the caller hung up :that,s 2 calls again tonight within the space of just a couple of hours:0( . If you can get them stopped asap that would be great thank you and hopefully i won,t be wakened again early morning buy yet another one.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy46,

As soon as I have a reply from my colleagues I've mailed it to I'll update you.

Regards

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
0 Kudos
guest2902
Joining in
Message 5 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Its outbound marketing calls from virgin mobile trying to get you to sign up even when you are already a mobile customer just call them and ask them to be stopped. which is what I have done today after yet another call. both virgin media and mobile confirmed it is the mobile marketing team and they have now taken my number off the list so should not recieve any more calls at silly times.

Gethsemane
Superfast
Message 6 of 68
Flag for a moderator

You could register your telephone number with TPS at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/ 

________________________________________________________________________________

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star.

Smiley Happy

Mandy46
Tuning in
Message 7 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone for your help with this matter :i received a call from a Virgin media chap who had seen my message on the forum and was told he would intervene to have the calls stopped but it could take quite some time .After i got another call from the sales lady the next morning Smiley Sadi politely explained to her that i did not want anymore calls and the matter had been reported -result as i,ve not had any since!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 68
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy46,

It was my colleague who I passed your details to who contacted you.

Thanks for updating us and hopefully you wont get any more calls.

Regards

Laura_S

0 Kudos
Tangram
Tuning in
Message 9 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I have also been plagued with calls from this number. I just spoke to someone on 150 who told me that the number was nothing to do with VM, which is a bit odd having read a few of these threads on the forum.

She told me to make a complaint about it to

http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/customer_area/complaints.aspx

Whether it is or isn't anything to do with VM, legit sales call or not, please could you stop them calling me every day and then not leaving a message on my ansaphone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ironhorse748
Joining in
Message 10 of 68
Flag for a moderator

I can now join the list of people being bugged by sales calls from 08004089340, at least 5 calls,  twice I have been woken up ( Nightworker ) badgering me to upgrade my phone package, If I wanted to I would contact VM, getting very annoyed now Man Mad

0 Kudos