Menu
catsmile
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaining about slow re4sponse to failed landline

Our virgin landline stopped working yesterday - no incoming or outgoing calls. We called today to ask for someone to fix it and were told the earliest would be 22 December !! (11 days with no landline!). That's just ridiculous. They said we don't have enough engineers because of Christmas - but clearly Christmas is a time when people need their phones most. So we called to complain - we have been with Virgin for many years - have all their services - including 3 mobile phones, broadband, TV and landline and an additional line for a fax. We do business from home as well and this is simply not acceptable!

When we got through to customer service we were told we could only make a complaint in writing - which is not what it says in the code of practice. We should be able to complain by phone and there should be an effort made to resolve the issue or we should be allowed to escalate this to a call with a manger. We were told 'Virgin is a big company and you can't talk to a person about this - you have to write'.

If virgin is a 'big company' then they should have a decent customer service, enough engineers to provide a prompt and proper service to their customers who depend on their products and robust and accessible complaints service. British Gas is a 'bug company' but they can get an engineer out withing 24 hours if not the same day sometimes. Maybe virgin has just got too big to give a damn!

I am seriously considering leaving virgin completely - removing all our contracts - but then its just as difficult to talk to someone about that as it is to get service or complaint seen to. 

I've noticed many posts on the forum of people waiting up to a month to have their landlines fixed, vulnerable people waiting 2 weeks, its not just me and seems to have been going on for some time. When will virgin stop sucking up money for poor services and start providing decent customer service - it's not like we are getting this for free - we pay for this and £70-80 a month (plus mobile contracts) is no joke.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaining about slow re4sponse to failed landline

11 days is really poor,  Ive never heard of such a long time before.  You cant compare a heating breakdown compared to a landline, one is an emergancy the other is annoying.

If you are a vulnerable customer and you let virgin know, you will get a call out within 4 hours.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaining about slow re4sponse to failed landline

Hi catsmile

I really do apologise about the fact that the engineer appointment availability is so in demand at the moment and that we are unable to book in an engineer visit before the 22nd.

I understand this is a long delay and that the landline is needed. However we cannot book an engineer for our customers if we simply don't have them. The current situation is that we are now fully booked to the 23rd (no one has touched your booking for the 22nd, that is still safe) as we are incredibly busy at present.

You can log a complaint via the phone and we do have an escalations process this way, however we are only able to escalate landline faults for earlier appointments if our customers do have vulnerability needs such as a lifeline. In these instances we would escalate to the area managers to see what they could do to support.

Please keep us posted on how the fault repair goes next week and if you need anything else, just give us a shout.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos