Menu
gregk82
Tuning in
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Check phone line / phone not working.

Hi,

My phone has no dialing tone and it says check phone line. Tv and Broadband are fine. Phone is working ok as connecting it to the other non virgin media socket in the flat makes constant busy signal when trying to make a call and information about checking the line disappears. Any idea what it could be? 

Thanks

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Check phone line / phone not working.

Hi there gregk82, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your phone line at the moment, I'd also like to welcome you to the forums. 

I've run some testing on your line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing issues with the phone line at the moment. Thank you for letting me know that the phone works fine on another line, this rules out your phone from being at fault, so I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page and you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this, and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there gregk82, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your phone line at the moment, I'd also like to welcome you to the forums. 

I've run some testing on your line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing issues with the phone line at the moment. Thank you for letting me know that the phone works fine on another line, this rules out your phone from being at fault, so I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page and you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this, and you'll see my message. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

NeilLondon99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greg,

I also have had this problem in the last 72 hours, but service status online and tests say no fault with equipment, but clearly something isn't right.

I wonder if it's a regional thing regarding equipment?. I am in south London. I do wish they'd fix this sooner rather tha later though.
cazzer731017
Tuning in
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i have exactly the same problem. The phone displays Check Phone Signal, there is no dial tone. If you ring house phone from a mobile, it rings out from the mobile, but the house phone does not ring.

Regards

Ian Carrington

Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ian, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is also causing you some grief. I'd really like to help you out with this. 

I've done some testing on the line and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this issue. There are no known local faults, and the line is testing find. I'd now have to ask if you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault, either by trying another phone on the line, or by trying your phone in a known working line. 

The reason behind asking this is that the next step would be to arrange for someone to call out and take a closer look at things. I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving once you've been able to confirm that the phone has been eliminated. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Huw 

0 Kudos
Damzzel
Joining in
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. Also in south east london. Phone does not ring in the house although caller gets ringing tone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Damzzel,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you're not able to hear the ring tone inside the property.

I've managed to locate your account and I can see you've already called in since posting and have an engineer booked out in a few days to get this resolved.

Please feel free to let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
cazzer731017
Tuning in
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Update - I have had a technician out this afternoon and he has sorted my phone problem. Something to do with a damaged cable in the exchange box or something like that.

0 Kudos
CallaGi
Joining in
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hiya. I have had exactly the same problem for over a week now. My phone has no dialing tone and it says check phone line. Tv and Broadband are fine. Phone is working ok as I tried connecting it at work. Any idea what it could be? 

By the way, it already happened once mid March, had a technician coming and after checking everything I was told that something was wrong in the box outside/ on the street. Could it be the same thing again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi there CallaGi, 

I'd like to start by saying welcome to the forums and say that I'm so sorry to hear your phone line is causing you trouble once again, and I'd love to help you out. 

Thank you for letting me know that you have already eliminated the phone from being at fault. I've run some checks from this end, and can see no reason for this fault, so I'd now like to look towards booking a technician to call out once again. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how we can get this sorted, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Huw

0 Kudos