Menu
Massively
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Charged for calls I haven't made

Hello there,

Whilst browsing through my bill 'Overview' for my first month with Virgin, I have noticed three charges for calls I haven't made. I know these calls were never made as we haven't got a home phone set up and choose to use our mobiles (both with separate companies).

These particular bills have totaled £5.70, with a new "call" made just three days ago for which I have been charged £0.26.

How can I be charged for phone calls I have never made, especially due to the fact we don't even have a home phone set up?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Charged for calls I haven't made

Crossed lines.

You'd need to connect a phone to the socket. Then ring your home phone number from the mobile, quite likely it won't ring because someone else has your number and line.

If you were to ring 0345 454 1111 after confirming and getting that fault fixed, the Billing Team (option 1 from the main menu) could credit your account to cover the cost of those calls you didn't make.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Crossed lines.

You'd need to connect a phone to the socket. Then ring your home phone number from the mobile, quite likely it won't ring because someone else has your number and line.

If you were to ring 0345 454 1111 after confirming and getting that fault fixed, the Billing Team (option 1 from the main menu) could credit your account to cover the cost of those calls you didn't make.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Massively

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, as Shelke has mentioned, we'd love to get a phone plugged into the line to see what number you've got at the momentMan Happy

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you too, we're not seeing any issues with the line although some crossed line problems aren't detectable.

We'd love to hear from you once you've been able to try a handset, if that's really not possible then get in touch and I'll do what I can to help. We'd want to find out why this is happening before we look at the bill, to doing that multiple times.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Massively
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I have now plugged a phone into the landline. All I can hear is continual bleeping, when I attempt to ring our allocated number it's actively ringing elsewhere (I haven't stayed on the phone long enough to find out who's number it is).

Where do I go from here?

Thanks!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Massively

Thanks for the response, if you dial your mobile number from the handset, what number do you see on the mobile?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Massively
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I can't actually make a call from the phone, there isn't currently a dial tone (all I hear is a continual bleeping).

Thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for the fast response Massively.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding an appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

Ryanbedford44
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same problem and only realised after checking my billls. After 45 minutes on the phone to various international Virgin call centers I gave up called a virgin UK number (they do exist) and spoke to a chap who is sending a technician. I'm now £30+ down all calls all to premium PPI/ number (ive called them from my work phone to see what they are). I have never used a handset with my home landline - I've never plugged one in and don't own one. I now have a technician coming out next week to look at it. 

I asked for call barring on my account as I wasn't making calls and was told there is a £2.50 charge for this. I hope it is refunded along with the calls I haven't made. Will see what the technician says. 

0 Kudos