Menu
Stewartmc2006
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charged for calls I didnt make

I have just paid my bill there and noticed it was higher than it was supposed to be. Turns out ive made £6 of calls to a number in Carlisle. Problem is I dont use my landline and when I plug the phone in the lines dead. Any advice guys would be grateful
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for calls I didnt make

Have you tried ringing the number? just in case they've plugged someone else's phone onto it at the cabinet 

0 Kudos
Stewartmc2006
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it just rings out. Annoying cos other than this im struggling on ways to contact Virgin about it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stewartmc2006

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're not seeing any problems with the line from our end at the moment though, have you been able to test your handset? By trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset on an alternate line?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stewartmc2006
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im not home just now but it is definetly not the handset as i plugged this into my old bt line and managed to get a dial tone.
Im more concerned about the charges than my use of the line if im honest. I googled the number and couldnt really find anything
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stewartmc2

Thanks for getting back to me, it sounds as if the issue with your line could be the reason why these charges are appearing, either way to need to make sure the line is working as it should in the long run before we make changes to your bill.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos