Menu
Vickiewheeler
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Charge for service not installed

Hi guys,

My phone line was not installed on installation date (Dec 14) as there was a fault with the outside line. It has taken various calls, complaints and techinions to sort the problem and yesterday the engineer installed the phone.

My question is this - I've been charge £18.99 for a phone line that's hadn't been installed - isn't that against the law? As a goodwill gesture they refunded this month package cost which is a joke as my broadband and to have not worked for 6 weeks
Any advise would be appreciated - considering taking them to court for charging me for s service I've not received and additional compensation for 40 hours of phone calls (all from. Mobile!) and 6 days of missed work to allow access to techinions

Any advice will be appreciated x

An
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Charge for service not installed

Hi Vickiwheeler,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a lot of bother with getting the Landline installed and the disruption you've experienced with the other services.  This is not what we like to hear.

I wanted to pop by and see if you had any luck in getting in touch?  I'm here to help so please keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vickiewheeler wrote:
Hi guys,

My phone line was not installed on installation date (Dec 14) as there was a fault with the outside line. It has taken various calls, complaints and techinions to sort the problem and yesterday the engineer installed the phone.

My question is this - I've been charge £18.99 for a phone line that's hadn't been installed - isn't that against the law? As a goodwill gesture they refunded this month package cost which is a joke as my broadband and to have not worked for 6 weeks
Any advise would be appreciated - considering taking them to court for charging me for s service I've not received and additional compensation for 40 hours of phone calls (all from. Mobile!) and 6 days of missed work to allow access to techinions

Any advice will be appreciated x

An

dont understand the bit in red - you dont need a phone for BB so did your BB not work also

as to costs a phobe and BB is the same price [or there abouts] as BB only - its the way they cost packages - in fact BB only can be more expensive tha phone plus BB - dont try to understand it just accept it

so whilst they did not install the phone its arguable that you have paid no more and allowing for the fact they have refunded you whatever i dont think you have done so bad

just my opinion on that - as to cost of mobile calls and time off work and loss of earnings?? - thats a different matter - not sure what they would do about that - who have you been talking to - retentions is the best dept - see if they will do anything

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Vickiewheeler
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry spelling mistakes!

I wanted tv, bb & phone and was charged for a bundle. In addition to the bundle was £18.99 for line rental.

They couldn't install the phone line on installation day due to damaged junction box.

To get the services up and running (without phoneline) they had to install bb in one room and tv in another. Last year I had 8 engineer visits how have all questioned the actual instal setup and promised it will be resolved but phoneline needs other service street team to fix junction box. In November a supervisor attended and assured me this would be finally sorted (after I complained) but yet again it wasn't resolved.

In April I called to cancel all the services as I had enough - was told the issue had been resolved in Feb and query closed - but phone line was still not installed! Another engineer was called out.

There has been issues with TiVo box for 6 weeks not working (gave me a new box yesterday as fault couldn't be resolved) but my bb has been playing up for 2 months.

So the refund to services last month is a joke as I never had use as all the services were not working.

5 different engineers since April have been requested - every time engineer have stayed they visit property and fixed issue (no one turned up) and every time I called to ask where they was I was told issues are resolved. But they were not so another engineer requested.

So since I stall there's been no phoneline but been charged £18.99 plus additional phone charge within my package.

Engineer yesterday confirmed there was no active phone line installed however after 5 minutes came back and said I've sorted it the wires were rusty and broken and needed replacing.

Proving that I've never had phoneline active and installed

I'm sorry but I asked for phoneline and so many complaints it took until yesterday to get resolved

Surly that means they owe me the phoneline & phone charge with package?
Hope that makes sense x
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

understand all that and you have not had a good time - not sure what VM people here can do - accounts are always difficult because of DPA - you obviously have been talking to people - not sure who - retentions is the dept you want - anyone els is likely to fob you off with whatever

but to be clear how packages are built around the £18.99 [or however much it is] line rental - its a cost and it appears on the bill as that but its something [i believe] that is imposed on VM by ofcom or whoever so they [VM] play money games

an examples - amount for example only 

100meg BB only - £30

100meg BB and basic phone [evening and weekends] £11 to £12 plus £18.99 line rental cost

makes no sense but thats how it works - sure that transfers up to other packages

so if you dropped the package od whatever cost the total price you pay would not reduce by £18.99 - they would simply rejig it to be about what you currently pay - maybe more - the only saving you would make is if your phone package was more than basic - say calls unlimited which is an addition cost on top of line rental

if you have not spoken to retentions then give them a call ans see if they will look at where you have been and give some better discounts

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Vickiewheeler
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tony - i have literally been sent around the houses lol I will call Rettentions team and let you know how I get on

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vickiwheeler,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a lot of bother with getting the Landline installed and the disruption you've experienced with the other services.  This is not what we like to hear.

I wanted to pop by and see if you had any luck in getting in touch?  I'm here to help so please keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Vickiewheeler
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No I be totally honest the stress and upset the whole ordeal has caused and with the continued lies that my account is going to be credited 2 months and only 5 days get done I've had enough of talking to virgin.

It gets you nowhere but you lied too and promises of 2 months credit just on the problems I had in last 4 months!

I was hoping someone might contact me through here.

They are duty bound to refund as service was not installed - so there's significant refunds due but it stresses me out Trying to get anywhere - it's usually India call centre.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vickiewheeler

I'm sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your line and the service you've received from us.

I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end to see what credits have been added, as we don't expect you to pay for a service you've let us know isn't working.

I've sent you a private message requesting some information, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos