Menu
harryhops
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Careline

My elderly Mother has a Careline system that worked fine on BT.Since changing to Virgin it no longer works.It has been back to the suppliers and tested ok but having been checked on two independant Virgin lines it does not work. The suppliers have told me that they know of only one system that will work with Virgin and that is only 85% efficient .I find it hard to believe that with thousands of Careline systems out there that Virgin have not addressed the issue.If not resolved i will have to go back to BT.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Careline

Hello harryhops,

Thanks for posting about this on the community.

I have not heard of any incompatibility issues regarding our telephone lines and the careline systems.so I would just like to know a little bit more information.

• What happens when you press the button on the careline, does it make any sound?
  • If you dial the same number direct from the landline does it go through?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
harryhops
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When the button is pressed the NEAT base unit dials but after about four rings disconnects .

dialling the careline number directly from a handset is not an option as it is not voice activated . The unit sends a ping to establish a connection .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI harryhops

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you.

We're not seeing any problems with those tests, did the supplier of the careline system let you know why it wouldn't work with our line? As there's not much difference between them and any other phone lines in the UK,

We're looking forward to hearing form you 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos