Menu
sophier26
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Capacity issue

I ordered phone line, TV & broadband in July and when the engineer came in August he said there'd be no phone as there is no spare capacity at local exchange. He said someone from Virgin would call me within 48 hours. Nobody ever did call me and I have spent hours, and I really do mean hours, trying to get an answer. It was only after a 45 minute call yesterday that I was offered a refund for the line rental that I had paid in advance. I declined as I'm hoping that if Virgin still hold this £ then they feel some sort of responsibility about letting me know what's going on. Every time I call I am told someone will call me back in 48 hours and no-one does. I have poor mobile reception, a young family and elderly relatives and I need a land land. Help!

0 Kudos
sophier26
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capacity issue OFCOM

Ps. I did complain to Ofcom, after getting no acknowledgement or response from a complaint in writing to Virgin, and this was their response "Although we do not become involved in individual disputes, I can confirm a full record of your experience has been made here for our monitoring purposes. If we notice a rise in similar complaints, where appropriate, we may take further action." Their website is very user-friendly and you can easily lodge your complaint on-line. I encourage all other users who have experienced this issue to complain then maybe Virgin will perhaps warn folk, before they order and pay, that they cannot offer a service that they promote.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Capacity issue OFCOM

Hi sophier26,

Thank you for your post on the forum and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that there has been a delay in installing your landline due to no capacity in your area. 

Checking into this for you, I can see that the capacity team have been made aware of the problems you're experiencing and you are a priority to be connected.

I apologise for the continued inconvenience this causes. As soon as there is capacity available, our teams will be in touch with you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos