Menu
MMulhall
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get a Home phone

My husband called Virgin Media in June 2016 to arrange for our phone, TV and broadband package to be moved to our new house.  Your engineers turned up install our services to our new address only to inform us that they did not have authorisation to install the phone package.  Despite numerous phone calls from both myself and my husband we have yet to have this resolved.  In fact the only answer that we have had is your indian call center representatives repeatedly saying "no capacity".  After a month of this we finally got put through to an engineer who explained that there was no capacity in the exchange box in our area and that we would have to wait until someone either disconnected or died in order for us to get a phone line.  I am sure that you would agree that anticipating the death of a neighbour in order to get a phone line is extreme in this day and age of advanced technology and I am finding it frustrating that despite being a loyal customer of Virgin and it's predecessor Telewest Communications in excess of 15 years that I am unable as promised by your company to have my complete package re-located to my new house. As you can imagine this has left us with a dim view of Virgin Media and it's customer services department and we are considering terminating our contract.

I would be keen find out if anyone else has had a similar problem and haw did you get it sorted

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot get a no home phone

If there are any resolutions to this, they are liable to be a long way down the road. The phone systems VM inherited from their predecessors were for the most part built "on the cheap", & are not expandable without large infrastructure changes (new ducting & new cabinets). A lot of customers resent paying phone rentals now, especially as VM broadband does not need it, but will take a phone line anyway to get the discounts offered. In short, unless one of your neighbours changes providers you are stuck without a service. A lot of the new VM fibre network build does not have a phone service at all. Until VM moves to a VoIP phone service like all other cable providers in Europe we are stuck with what we've got.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If there are any resolutions to this, they are liable to be a long way down the road. The phone systems VM inherited from their predecessors were for the most part built "on the cheap", & are not expandable without large infrastructure changes (new ducting & new cabinets). A lot of customers resent paying phone rentals now, especially as VM broadband does not need it, but will take a phone line anyway to get the discounts offered. In short, unless one of your neighbours changes providers you are stuck without a service. A lot of the new VM fibre network build does not have a phone service at all. Until VM moves to a VoIP phone service like all other cable providers in Europe we are stuck with what we've got.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MMulhall
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great - thanks for your prompt reply. Frustratingly we were still paying for a phone line for 2 months when we don;t have one. Have finally managed to get that sorted out, but it did not make much of a difference to the overall new package price.
0 Kudos
Cramer
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get a Home phone

We have exactly the same problem. Our bundle started 1 September. TV and broadband are working great, but still no phone due to the same capacity issues. I also had numerous chats and calls. During the last call 4 days I was promissed to be called back within 48 hours. Guess what: NO CALL.

And off course still no phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MMulhall

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line recently, it's certainly not something we want for you.

As soon as there capacity for your phone line, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss getting it installed. As for the billing side of things, you shouldn't be billed at all for the phone line, if you find that you are being billed, just get in touch and I'll get that sortedMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MMulhall
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Many thanks for your message - after contacting your customer service team again at the end of August I was advised that someone would be disconnecting in September and that the team would be in touch to discuss getting a phone line installed. Guess what ! - still no contact from the team and we are now in October. I'm afraid I'm losing all hope.

M Mulhall
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi M Mulhall

I'm so sorry for the continued inconvenience, I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end to be certain we're doing everything we can to get your phone line working.

Soi that I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos