Menu
KS600
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Get Incoming calls and Support told me to call TalkTalk

Hi Forum.

I had my Virgin phone fitted yesterday as part of a deal. Tried dialing out and that is fine. However, we were told that the phone just rings when someone tries to call us. We tried from mobiles, and the phone does not ring at all, even if we pick up when calling from the mobile nothing. I have called india a few times now and was finally told that in our area TalkTalk handles the phones and I need to investigate with them??

I was not very pleased, and I said thsat I do not buy clothing from marks and spaencers then have to find out who made it if there is a fault, I take it back to the supplier. This fell on deaf ears and I have now been on hold for 39 minutes waiting to speak to a manger. I have just left BT because of poor broadband performance, but I am now scared that I have walked into a world of pain with the phone. If anyone can help, please let me know.

I have just been put hrough to TalkTalk customer services after a wait of 42 minutes, by Virgin Media support. It was to do with a 10 year Old account at a prvious address. What have I done. I now have thsat sinking feeling

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot Get Incoming calls and Support told me to call TalkTalk

It sounds as if your number may not have been ported to virgin. If you dial 174 does it give you the number you were expecting on the landline?

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos

All Replies
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds as if your number may not have been ported to virgin. If you dial 174 does it give you the number you were expecting on the landline?

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
KS600
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I get my landline number. Just can't receive calls

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would get back on the phone to virgin, then. It sounds like something might have not gone through properly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KS600,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working properly and that you aren't able to receive incoming calls.

It's great to see that Andrew-H was able to provide helpful advice for you. 

Looking into this for you, I can see that you were able to arrange an engineer visit already. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos