Menu
Lisa128
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling phone line but not number

I have cancelled virgin media package from 19 February but keeping my telephone number.  My bill states that I am still paying the phone line of £19. going forward.  Can this please be cancelled as I have a new provider?

Thank you

LMurray

Acct. removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling phone line but not number

That could cause you a problem. Putting a cancellation request in will stop your number from porting to your new provider. The number HAS to be active on your account to be transferred which is why you are still paying for it. When the port takes place your Virgin line will be cancelled automatically, as this will have already been arranged by your new provider as per OFCOM's procedures.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That could cause you a problem. Putting a cancellation request in will stop your number from porting to your new provider. The number HAS to be active on your account to be transferred which is why you are still paying for it. When the port takes place your Virgin line will be cancelled automatically, as this will have already been arranged by your new provider as per OFCOM's procedures.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Lisa128
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response.

This has been transferred across now.  So will contact virgin to ensure their line is cancelled.

Best regards

Lisa

0 Kudos