Menu
alisonanthony
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel phone line

I am out of contract, and would like to cancel my phone line to change to EE pocket landline because of business but without effecting the broadband. By doing this would I then be another contract? I don't want to sign because we are due to be moving home in 4 months. Anybody know the answer cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel phone line

Hi alisonanthony, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

Whenever you renegotiate your account, a new contract is entered in to. The only time this wouldn't happen is if you are downgrading your services and don't go back in to a bundle. 

As you would be cancelling the phone, you would need to be moved to a Broadband Solus deal meaning a new contract would also come with it. 

Do you know what area you are moving to as as long as we provide services there, you can transfer the account to the new address Smiley Happy

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alisonanthony
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are moving to a new build home, so not sure on services to be ready in around 4 months so don't want to start a new contract. Either way I will be cancelling the phone line
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

alisonanthony wrote:
We are moving to a new build home, so not sure on services to be ready in around 4 months so don't want to start a new contract. Either way I will be cancelling the phone line

there may be little point cost wise - line rental is £19.99 - if you drop the phone from the package they will re price the rest of what you have - you may find BB + phone is cheaper that BB only - dont try to get your head round it - thats how it works 

Tony
0 Kudos
alisonanthony
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know this, but I use the landline for business and call divert is expensive especially when receiving calls nothing to do with business where as EE only charge £10 a month
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ahhh ok - but be very sure the do not start a new contract - i speak from experience - 18 months ago i cancelled the phone line to reinstating it when they made me an offer to keep it at a lower price - so apart from a reduction in price nothing changed apart from the fact i found i was in a 12 month contract without any mention of same

what they say and what they do can be very different - if you can record the call after advising them you are doing so

Tony
0 Kudos