Menu
DanOnWheels
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Phone Line - How?

My landline phone with Virgin hasn't worked properly since being installed.  The line was crackling badly and calls couldn't be heard, then not long after install the line died completely.  It has been dead for the last 2 months at least.  

After trying  and trying to get through to customer service using the online form and phoning from my mobile I finally managed to get a response from Huw_B on here who arranged for an engineer to call and fix it yesterday.  This engineer never turned up (surprise surprise - even the initial install took 2 attempts to get done due to engineers not turning up, including one who lied and said he had turned up).

So now I want to cancel my phone line but keep the TV and broadband.  I'm paying £16/month for something I cannot use which is pointless.  How do I do this?

deehollington
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Phone Line - How?

i think you need a phone line for broadband dont you? i dont use my landline, we all have unlimited calls on our mobiles. annoying as i also pay £16 a month which i think has now gone upto £17 for a service i dont use!... i would tell them that you are changing providers. that normaly gets their butts moving Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No - Virgin is Cable, so a telephone line is not needed for broadband
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanOnWheels,

Thank you for getting back to us about your appointment. I have responded to your private message here.

Andyju is correct--you can have television and broadband services without the landline. I've sent you our contact number in the private message response if you would like to discuss removing the landline.  Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DanOnWheels
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right, the appointment slot to fix my phone line was 4-7pm.  I'm told in the PM that the engineer tried to call me at 18:30 to advise he was running late.  This is incorrect - the only call I had that evening was at 18:58, 2 minutes before the latest time the engineer should have been at my home.  That's lie number 1.

Apparently the engineer then called at my home and the door wasn't answered.  This is lie number 2 - no-one called at my home that evening.  I have a very distinctive feature about my front door (because I am disabled) and it would be interesting to see if the engineer can tell anyone what that feature is.  I very much doubt it but then I doubt that anyone will ask him as engineers have lied before about turning up at my home when they never did.

I am sick and tired of this shoddy service, of having to take time off work or having to wait at home for people who never turn up, of being lied to and of having to pay money for services that are useless.

I have demanded to the person who responded that they either get it sorted or get rid.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanOnWheels,

Thank you for your response. I can certainly understand your frustration on this. 

I am closing this thread as all the details of this issue are on the other thread and in order to keep information current and not delay responses from the team, we ask that users do not duplicate posts, although I can see that in this post you were requesting information on how to cancel your line, which is different to the other post about getting your line issue fixed, but I need to keep all the information on one congruent post so that we can get this sorted out for you.

Please respond on the other post found here.

Thank you,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos