Menu
McDonagh1001
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you use a 'pulse' dial alarm on Virgin

Hello, I am having an alarm fitted to my home and I have been told that Virgin phones do not accept pulse dialling and that I have to purchase an additional sim card dialler (adding £200 to the cost !!). Is this correct?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you use a 'pulse' dial alarm on Virgin

Sorry I don't know the answer but I am very surprised that any modern house alarm would use pulse dialling rather than tone dialling. ???

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I DO know the answer but am also very surprised a new alarm system would be configured to use pulse dialing.

The answer is most of VM's legacy network will work with pulse dialling devices, but certain areas dont. Wait for staff to check your area before proceeding.

In fact before proceeding I would be asking the same question myself and Frank have- WHY? Not only is pulse dialing a legacy protocol, but at any time networks may stop supporting it (Bt and VM both) so your buying a device with no idea if it will work next week, next month or next year. Id be shopping around.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

In fact before proceeding I would be asking the same question myself and Frank have- WHY? 

I can be Frank and Earnest but I always thought I was called Dave.  I can feel the paranoid schizophrenia coming on ... someone pour me a stiff whisky.  Smiley LOL

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

LOL Frank, Dave, whatevs... Smiley Embarassed

Sorry Dave

My only excuse is I'm painting the kids bedroom and dashing on for 5 every now and then so I was probably reading another post and got confused. Or not. Im just confused I think...

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

LOL Frank, Dave, whatevs... Smiley Embarassed

Sorry Dave

My only excuse is I'm painting the kids bedroom and dashing on for 5 every now and then so I was probably reading another post and got confused. Or not. Im just confused I think...

Probably down to the mind-altering paint fumes Kippies ... better double check you haven't wall-papered over one of the kids!     Smiley LOL

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Might be the Radiator Paint...

homer.jpg

0 Kudos