Menu
gearbox
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can the landline be ditched?

Never gets used in my home, only calls are from other parts of the world trying to fix my computer or someone selling ppi etc.

Receive all my calls on mobile as do the rest of the family.

Any real reason (apart from making Virgin money) why we have to have a phone line along with broadband and tv? Used to need the line in the old days of dial up but times have changed .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can the landline be ditched?

Technically it's not required  as broadband or TV or both will work perfectly without it (such is the magic of cable services), so it's more of a sales thing.

You can remove the landline, but you'll lose the discount applied to your bundle and having a landline in general discounts the broadband aspect greatly.

To ask about removing it and find out how much it will change your bill, ring 150 from that landline or 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details when prompted for them -> Option 4 -> Option 2. Let them know you want to lose the landline and ask how it will affect your monthly bill.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
gearbox
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke. Appreciate the reply. Suspect that the way the discounts are applied will prohibit the economical removal of the landline. Will check though

lemmings
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just done this, the initial 'deal' broadband only was £39.95 so gave intention to leave ie. 30 days notice. Then about a week later their loyalty team rang up and offered broadband only for £22.25, so I accepted. This roughly works out fair as total including landline was £41.47 with bill stating £19 for landline subtracting from total gives £22.47. I did mention to them the fact online offer was for £18 but their reply is it's only for new customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeap, when looking to the store page as an existing customer (for current pricing info): ignore the headline price mentioned and look at the "then £X a month". The latter "then..." price quote is what is relevant for existing customers.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos