Menu
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive or make calls

Cannot receive or make calls.

Tested with two other phones and carried out status report,no issues and online test which also shows no known issues but still no dialling tone

Have just checked  with next door neighbour who is having the same issues and he says the lines have been down since Wednesday

Tags (1)
selinus
Settling in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive or make calls

Sorry, to hear same with my land line. The pain is booking an engineer. Virgin needs to channel support through a better system.
0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that's the reason I,m posting on here in the hope of organising an engineer otherwise it's an expensive mobile call to VM which quite frankly I cannot afford.Its not convenient not to have use of landline for two days and probably longer with it coming up for Easter.
 stand. 

I must say in my experience they are usually very good on organising an engineer through this forum

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimLad,

I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working. Thank you for letting me know that you have already tested with alternative handsets, as this will save us some time.

I'll need to take more details from you in order to arrange an engineer visit for you. I'll pop a pm over to you for this.

Apologies again for the problem with your service.

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

error

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Sent you a PM

Next door neighbour is experiencing same issue as myself and has an engineer coming today.Can he not call in at me at the same the same time?Possibly any repair done to my neighbour may well fix my problem

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well engineer called on next door neighbour and I had a word with him prior to starting informing him that I had the same issue as neighbour and said he,d check his first.Repaired his in 5 mins,jumped in his van and  off he went.Asked neighbour if engineer was coming back to mine and he said engineer told him he couldn,t investigate my issue as he didn,t have an appointment and wasn,t insured to come into my house...Really can't understand VM policy when we both have the same fault,were semi detached with front doors feet apart yet couldn,t take a look at my fault...Now VM will have to organise another engineer to come out to my property to repair my fault

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Collette

Sent you a PM,need to change engineer appointment for Monday afternoon

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ignore my last post Collette,going to stick with original appointment

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Jim Smiley Happy

I hope all goes well with the appointment.  

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out