Menu
sarahvicky
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't make outgoing calls. Incoming calls are fine.

Hi

My phone receives incoming calls fine, but it has no dial tone and I cannot make outgoing calls.  The handset says "check phone line".  My bill payments are up to date and I haven't barred outgoing calls as far as I'm aware.

Any suggestions/solutions to fix this?

Thanks
Sarah

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't make outgoing calls. Incoming calls are fine.

Hi Sarahvicky

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not detecting any issues with the line from our end at the moment.

Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sarahvicky
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apologies for the delayed response. Whilst I had tested our phone in every virgin socket I could find, I didn't have another handset to test.  However, we had our house alarm serviced the other week and they tested our phone line and couldn't get a dial tone in any socket using their device or our phone. Our phone no longer receives incoming calls either.

Please could I arrange for an engineer to visit and fix this?  

Sarah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing.

I've sent you a private message with information regarding an appointment, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide